Our Private Duty service gives patients the opportunity to receive individual recovery care from one of our qualified personnel while still in the facility. They provide the extra skilled care necessary to meet not only the patients medical and emotional needs, but of the families as well. This also allows for the patient to familiarize themselves with our staff member and services prior to returning home.
QUESTIONS TO ASK HOME CARE PROVIDERS
- When seeking home care, there are some important questions you should ask of a prospective service provider?
- How long have you been providing in-home care services?
- Do you provide backup services in the event a caregiver is sick or doesn't show up?
- Do you fully employ your caregivers by managing the payroll and adhering to all state and federal employment guidelines including withholding taxes, carrying workers compensation, bonding for theft, etc.?
- Is there a registered nurse, who, along with the client and family, develops an individualized plan of care?
- How often are caregiver services monitored?
- What kinds of training do you require for your caregivers?
- How does your agency screen and select caregivers prior to an assignment?
- Are references checked and criminal background conducted on all employees?
- Will my insurance plan cover any of the cost?